Sunday 19 February 2017

Delhi...Here I am back


Now I have the right to say that I am a graduate because the degree certificate has been handed over to me. I went back to my University on 3rd February 2017 with my best friend Tshering Yangki for the one last time. Though I missed my one in a life-time convocation, these days there were also memorable and worth cherishing. It was more than seven months that I handed over the cupboard and room keys to the hostel supervisor while vacating my room and once again I was back in the same room but as a guest this time. Everything was same…those bright red curtains, tiny balcony overlooking the noisy Sangam Vihar, the bed, cupboard and study table with the closets and drawers and even the calendars, posters and pictures I pasted on the walls were there. While I and Yangki had joined together our single beds together, Yangki and her roommate Sangay preferred keeping the beds separated. I had missed all those so terribly. It was pleasure knowing Yangki’s roommate Num Sangay Choden, first year B. Pharmacy student. She was a lively and happy soul. By the way I too love Blackpink.
AMHR Girls Hostel, Jamia Hamdard

HIMSR, Jamia Hamdard


I love this banner!
And while I walked around the university campus, the buildings stood firmly as ever and the people there had been doing all those similar stuffs they did. I loved that banner across the road reading “RAGGING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED”. When I first entered the university back in 2013, this banner washed down all the fears and worries I had as a fresher. While stepping into my faculty, lots of new faces popped up and I was surprised to know that the faculty office had been shifted to the basement of the new hospital block-B. After reaching the new hospital block, I was still stuck outside not knowing the way. It was there that I encountered the sir who was working in the office. When I asked him about the new office, he was willing enough to take me to the office though he had been shifted to Anesthesia Department. Once I was in the office the person there handed me the form and the list of documents I had to produce.

Just when I was coming out of the office I met with Dr Bhalla who was my professor for two semesters. I was happy to hear that she remembered and talked about me sometimes. Interestingly, I met Dr. Saltanant as well and she had been one such teacher who never smiled or showed any happy side of her. All the memories I have of her were of her random scolding and long faces. But that day when I met her, she smiled at me. Though I was really surprised I managed to smile back timely. I am really happy about this moment.

Bhutanese Hamdardians agreed for a movie together at the Select City Mall, Saket. Kungfu yoga and The Great Wall were the two options given and after conducting a cute little democracy in the wechat group, The Great Wall won the election. Well, it was an amazing movie starring Matt Damon and Jing Tian with so many action scenes. Let me tell you that yangki and I had shouted and screamed a lot during the movie and Sonam Tobgay requested us to keep quiet…haha. The movie was great.
Caught up together for "THE GREAT WALL"


Then the next day we were in the Ambience mall, Vasant Kunj and did lots and lots of shopping. I didn’t buy much stuff but the three beautiful ladies with me added so many carry bags for our Sonam Tobgay to carry. He accompanied four of us (girls) and I am damn sure that he might have regretted a lot for coming with us.
At the Mall


During my final semester, I discovered about the Korean restaurant from a friend and since the first time I had tasted the Korean cuisines, I have been craving for it every time. Korean dishes are really tasty and I really love it. So when I went this time, I planned to shed all those cravings and ordered so many things full on the table. Once the orders were on the table, even taking pictures seemed time wastage and it was hard to control not to eat them…hehe
Korean dishes
waiting for the dish


MUGHAL GARDEN…the name seemed so mysterious and interesting when my friend Yamini and Nisha asked me to meet them there. Yangki and I went there after an auto driver took a good advantage of our innocence. Once outside the gate there, the security person imposed so many prohibitions and we were asked to keep so many things in the cloak room. We both were pissed off and we lost the interest to go into the garden. But finally we were in and met Yamini and Nisha. Well, Mughal Garden is all full of beautiful herb tress, roses, tulips, dahlias and all kinds of plants and flowers. A Botanist and flower lover must visit this place for sure.
Mughal Garden
Meeting up Yamini and Nisha


On the last night of my stay in Hamdard, I stayed at Beena’s apartment in Tuglakabad as the security guard at the hostel would pose so many questions for me leaving hostel as early as 3:30 AM because my flight was at 6:30 AM. And very sweetly Yangki and Num Sangay stayed out of the hostel to see me off at the airport.

All of the friends there at Jamia Hamdard had been very kind and I cherish everyone’s company. My stay there was really awesome because of every one there. And Yangzom, though I couldn’t spent much time with her because she was completely busy with her family and postings and later with her trip to Kerala, I loved meeting her after so long and we shall definitely meet soon. I really enjoyed eating Beena's cooked food. It has always been tasty.


A huge and massive thanks to my bestie Yangki who had been with me since day 1. We shared her single bed for all my stay in the hostel. She was worried all the time that I might be bored and kept on planning going out. Though she acts very bold and cold outside, she is the warmest soul I have known. Our relationship as roommates have ended but friendship shall stretch infinitely.
our friendship through the years
A final Delhi-selfie while waiting for my flight

No comments:

Post a Comment