Sunday 17 December 2017

Moments with you - part II

There are people for whom we need to make an extra effort. And sometimes even that extra effort fall short and we eventually end up giving up on him/her.
It was the last time we met in the cafe. Its been more than two years and missing him has never lessened. I knew he flew to Europe for he had his father there. Nothing has been heard of him then. But I hope he is doing fine and had found a purpose in life. I gave up on him and he too did the same.

Surprise has hit me to the core after so many years as I saw him back in Bhutan at the craft village with a foreigner lady who I suppose was either his wife or girlfriend. He really did move ahead happily.
“I think I should listen to you and mother to marry and settle in life”, I told my father that night. My father was really delighted with my decision and soon I found my mother showering me with so many kisses to express how happy she was. They had always wanted me to marry.  
Within a week, my mother was successful in finalizing a man for me.
Tandin is Lhaden’s nephew. And I know about the whole family and his childhood. He is a perfect match for you.” My mother pointed out so proudly. Aunty Lhaden was my mother’s best friend and she has seen me grow up. Yes, perhaps he was a perfect match for me.

After three months of my marriage to Tandin, I was transferred to Pema Gatshel. Tandin too applied for a transfer with me. My parents were right about Tandin as he has been a very caring and understanding husband for me. All those bad days had gone and I knew a new friend in life.

Fate brought me to this point that in Pema Gatshel my history unfolded as Gyel was running his father’s mining company there. And to my utter disappointment that foreigner lady I saw with him was his friend from Frankfurt whom he was taking on sightseeing in Thimphu.
“You seem to be happy with him. I am happy with my money. We both are happy in life. Let’s celebrate this tonight. Come to my place with your husband.” Gyel said. Gyel successfully convinced Tandin and that night we were at his house in the fake celebration, carrying the rough smiles ever.

As days turned into months, our realizations were hard to hide. Tandin came to know everything and he couldn’t be that perfect ideal husband. All he saw in me was my longing for Gyel and my wish to stay happily with the man I loved. And one fine day Tandin broke off all those snares and set me free to be with my man.


It has been my fate and even my parents couldn’t win against this mighty fate. Both of our parents burnt into anger when they heard about us but the storm settled soon. We overcame all barriers and decided to stay with each other forever. 

2 comments:

  1. Means she divorced and married with Gyel??? It will only be in story mo? Will find it hard realized in real life. A lil bit cut short. I expect for longer story :D Nice try though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes la. It was bit short. I will definitely make it better next time. Thank you for your valuable comments

      Delete